Living in Liverpool
LILA* loves Liverpool...you will too!
Liverpool was voted the 5th Best Destination to visit in the UK 2015 on Tripadvisor - read more here.
Liverpool has so much to offer as a vibrant, iconic, cultural European destination. The city has more galleries and museums than any other UK city outside London and they're jam packed with culture vultures year-round. Add an unrivalled nightlife scene, impressive shopping areas throughout the city and nearby, beautiful local beaches and wildlife havens, and the world renowned friendly locals and you get Liverpool - the small city with a big heart.
Things to do & visit in Liverpool
The music capital of the world
- Visit the famous Cavern Club on Mathew Street - just 5 minutes from LILA*!
- The Beatles Story
- 'Magical Mystery Tour' including visits to Penny Lane and Strawberry Field
- There are many music festivals throughout the year
- Live music in pubs, bars and clubs in the city centre as well as on the streets of Liverpool!
History & Culture
- More galleries and museums than any other UK city outside London
- Tate Gallery
- Albert Dock which has the largest collection of Grade I listed buildings in the UK
- Liverpool is a UNESCO World Heritage Site (2004)
- Liverpool One shopping district
- Independent shops, bars and cafes throughout the city centre
Sport for everyone
- Two of the biggest Premiership football teams, Liverpool and Everton, are located in the city at Anfield and Goodison Park and their homes are just across the park from one another.
- Grand National at Aintree Racecourse every April
- Royal Liverpool Golf Club which hosts numerous Open Championships
Here are some useful links: